Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Thoughts on all the Marvin/Zampese/Gunther Hate
[Image: 60772345.jpg]

A HC who has a total clown resume of ZERO playoff wins in 13 seasons...yeah I'm sure everything will work out great, and this will be the year (my eyes have rolled 180 degrees into the back of my skull)

And leading both sides of the ball we have two lazy hires, made more for the reason that they were already in town than that they were actually they very best choice.

We've got 10 mil + in cap space just sitting there, doing nothing, for about the 30th year in a row. That makes me feel appreciate of their efforts to get to the next level. After five straight first round exits, after letting Marvin Jones, Sanu and Reggie Nelson walk, and with ample cap space, with spent a grand total of 4.5 million dollars on outside help. Total = 4.5 million. On two deals, both for only one season, and with only 1.7 million guaranteed.

Just for perspective, the Titans gave Rishard Matthews (a near nobody) almost 4 times this amount. Ladarius Green, another nobody, got almost five times this amount. Single players, who aren't at all big names, signed contracts that more than tripled what we spent total on outside free agents.

Does this seem like a team that wants to win now? Does this sound like a team that tried to improve this offseason?

What's almost maddening is how quick they were to give Shawn Williams a new deal. Kid had four starts and was locked for another season, yet they couldn't wait to give him 20 mil. Guy makes almost as much as TJ Ward. After 4 starts. So it's not as if they have no money, or refuse to spend. They just refuse to spend it on outside players who can actually improve this team immediately.

You know that new scoreboard and weight room everyone keeps referencing? You taxpayers footed the bill for about 85% of that. That's after the half BILLION you shelled out for the stadium. And even thought Bengals make 10 times the money the Reds do, they contributed a fraction of what the Reds just did for their upgrades. Same deals, same lease. The Reds elected to absorb much more of the costs, even though they didn't have to.

I could go on and on. But that's enough for now. We all know they did nothing to get better this season, and we all know Marvin should have been canned years ago. If there is any hope for this actually competing for a ring then they need to clean house after this season. Let the new coach have complete control over his staff. And spend the money available to you.

I'd personally would rather try something else to give us a chance to get better, and ultimately fair, then to do absolutely nothing, and accept the fact that we have zero chance at ever winning a ring under this coach, with this approach to building a team.

Sunday could be all sorts of ugly. Get ya pitchforks ready...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My Thoughts on all the Marvin/Zampese/Gunther Hate - Wes Mantooth - 10-11-2016, 03:05 AM