Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Thoughts on all the Marvin/Zampese/Gunther Hate
(10-11-2016, 10:53 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree with much of what you said.  I've given up any thought of the Bengals being players in free agency.  It just seems to go against everything Mike Brown believes in.

I really did not understand the Shawn Williams deal.  $20 million for a guy with only a couple starts and not much playing time overall.  At the time the argument from many was "the coaches see him in practice, they know he's ready to go".  I'm not so sure about that now because he does not look very good on the field.

I sometimes think this team puts too much emphasis on not having turnover.  We hear "he knows the playbook, he is familiar with the system".  Those are good things, but they don't trump talent.  We even hear it with draft picks.  "You can't expect a guy to just come in and contribute right away", but we see that every day on other teams.  I've often wondered if there system is really that intricate, that detailed, that a guy who has played football his entire life can't learn it in an off season?
IMO the system can't be very "complicated" at all. If it were, it might work. This one certainly doesn't. Cry
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Thoughts on all the Marvin/Zampese/Gunther Hate - Derrick - 10-11-2016, 01:51 PM