CB Darqueze Dennard
S George Iloka
Head Coach Marvin Lewis
OL Coach Paul Alexander
DC Paul Gunther
New Defensive Coaches
Owner Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark?
PICK 3

You know I'd never thought I'd be saying any of this 2 months ago, but this team has a number of disappointments this year.

K Mike Nugent - He be 27th in the league in FG % sitting at 75% overall, 67% between 40-49 and 0 for 3 0% from 50+

OT Cedric Ogbuehi - Heir apparent to Andre Smith who the team let go has turned out to be nothing as advertised. A 1st round pick that shouldn't be starting anywhere in the league.

OT Jake Fisher - Heir apparent to Whit at LT hasn't shown enough to overtake the underwhelming Ogbuehi. A 2nd round pick that ain't even close to being a starter.

OG Kevin Zeitler - One the better guards in the league has turned into not so good and this is a contract year for him. Playing between Bodine and Og hasn't helped. Bodine gets pushed back too easily and Og just seems like he's in way over his head. I thought about listing Bodine over Zeitler but none of us expected much improvement out of Bodine and I don't think many of us saw Zeitler's trouble coming.

HB Ryan Hewitt - Ah, what does this guy do exactly? A couple of years go the team talked about him as the best FB in the league, made him an HB, then with Eifert out Hewitt seemed largely invisible. Now the team brought in a FB for a tryout.

NT Peko - The NT is there to clog the middle and keep offensive linemen off the LBs. I haven't seen this from him.

LB Vontez Burfict - He was the defenses' leader and could be counted on to make the defense better whenever he was in the lineup. In 2016 he's made a decent number of tackles, but something's missing.

CB Adam Jones - He was clearly our best corner now he's out of position and just not getting it done. He was a leader now he's just not.

CB Darqueze Dennard - Hate putting him on this after I was so happy we drafted him. But like Ogbuehi he just hasn't come close to expectations.

S George Iloka - He was given a nice contract over Reggie Nelson, who lead the league in interceptions last year. Now Iloka is more or less an average Joe, sorta.

Head Coach Marvin Lewis - Could say a lot, but the credit he's gotten (including from myself) for turning around this team isn't enough to make up for the mediocre coaching, game planning, adjustments and overall lack of discipline the players show on the field. The feeling that he's never going get it together is growing.

OL Coach Paul Alexander - He's in love with Bodine who really isn't any better than average and his new OTs just suck. See Ogbuehi and Fisher above. You know he's gotta have a big say in the linemen selected in the draft and here's 3 examples where they just haven't lived up to anyone's expectations. Alexander should be paying Dalton's health insurance.

DC Paul Gunther - It seemed like he really made the defense his own last year. Now with his 3 new top assistants the whole defense has regressed to a decade ago or worse.

The new defensive coaches (DL coach Jacob Burney, LB coach Jim Haslett, Secondary Coach Kevin Coyle) - These three are praised by Head Coach Marvin Lewis, but the decline in play is so significant that these three blokes are right in the middle of the decline. Who exactly picked this guys?

Owner Mikey Brown - Does this guy want a Super Bowl? I have my doubts.

I'd have listed more if polls allowed more than 15.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark? - BengalChris - 11-05-2016, 01:14 AM