Poll: If you could fire one assistant coach right now - mid season, who would it be?
OC Ken Zampese
QB Coach Bill Lazor
TE Coach Jonathan Hayes
RB Coach Kyle Caskey
OL Coach Paul Alexander
WR Coach James Urban
DC Paul Guenther
DL Coach Jacob Burney
LB Coach Jim Haslett
Secondary Coach Kevin Coyle
Stength & Conditioning Coach Chip Morton
Special Teams Coach Darrin Simmons
None
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could fire one assistant coach right now, who would it be?
(11-16-2016, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Losing Reggie Nelson and Pacman's age catching up to him have to be factored in though. 

At least Kirkpatrick has actually taken a step forward this season. Ofc it's probably motivated by wanting to get paid.

I'm willing to bet that if Vance Joseph were still running the secondary, we would hardly notice that Reggie Nelson isn't on the team.  Last year, when Nelson was injured, Williams filled in and looked like a true up and comer.  Why do the Safeties play poorly this season?  It's not because their physical skills have suddenly vanished, it's the lack of a good coach.

As for Jones, we all knew that he was getting toward that "invisible cliff", with his advanced age.  However, we fans rationalized that Jones' body was somehow younger than his years, due to not playing for a couple of years.

Kirkpatrick is just a late developer.  The injuries that kept him sidelined much of his first two years really took a negative effect on his pro skill development.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could fire one assistant coach right now, who would it be? - SunsetBengal - 11-16-2016, 02:16 PM