Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Lewis says Joe Flacco lacks passion for football
Quote:The jury remains out regarding whether he’s elite. A verdict has been issued regarding whether he’s passionate.

Former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis says current Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco isn’t.

“Gifted? Absolutely. Passionate about what he do? I’ve never seen that,” Lewis said Thursday on FOX Sports 1, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “I don’t know what that looks like.”

Flacco and Lewis spent five seasons together with the Ravens.

“Maybe it’s because his personality just isn’t that personality,” Lewis said of Flacco. “He’s not a rah-rah guy. He won’t say much. But, in the game of football, there has to be some burning fire behind you.”

Hensley pointed out some remarks from Flacco showing that the linebacker and quarterback have different styles.

“I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn’t even make sense,” Flacco said a year after Lewis retired. “He meant everything he was saying, but I didn’t know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time.”

There’s no misunderstanding the current words from Ray Lewis, and it will be interesting to see what the Ravens players and coaches have to say in response to remark from a cornerstone player for whom they built a statue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/17/ray-lewis-says-joe-flacco-lacks-passion-for-football/#comments

I don't know one way or the other but just because he isn't high energy doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy his career. It's gonna be interesting to hear how the Ravens respond. Pretty crappy move by Lewis.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ray Lewis says Joe Flacco lacks passion for football - CageTheBengal - 11-18-2016, 12:59 AM