Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
Didn't want to muddy up the SRV thread so i figured i'd start a new one. Basically, list 3 to 5 of your favorite guitar players, whether you just like to listen to them or they've been an influence on your playing.

While i've always been a huge SRV fan and a Hendrix fan, my first real "guitar hero" was actually Ace Frehley. Not really so much his playing but more the total package--larger than life to a 10-12 yr old kid, the smoke and pyrotechnics and the costume. Next came the release of Van Halen's debut album and i was an instant fan of EVH. Though, like Frehley, it wasn't really his playing that hooked me. Certainly a much more talented player than ACE, i just never tried to style my playing after him very much.

Which brings us to my personal list...

Being a 15 yr old young man in 1981 and knowing i wanted play guitar since i was 8 years old (even though my parents got me a drum kit and my best friend  got a guitar) my music was hair metal. Specifically Ratt and Dokken. Motley Crue can go suck it. Anyway...

Before we get to those guys, i want to start off with my #1, far and away, influence as far as how i like to play and what appeals to me. Keep in mind, i'd been playing off and on for about 10 years before i heard him...and when i heard him for the first time, i was blown away.

Dimebag Darrell

Don't worry about the list, for those of you who are Dimebag fans. Yes, it's a travesty that Floods isn't #1 and Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks is way too low on the list... I could listen to this guy all day long.

Continued...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - rfaulk34 - 07-04-2015, 09:11 PM