Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
(07-15-2015, 11:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There are plenty talented and yes even famous guitar players who claim others to be better than themselves.

Bonamassa is extremely talented but so is Eric Johnson(also a legend).  Neither or those guys do anything for me.

You're missing the whole point.  This is personal feelings.  Not who is a "beast"in the world of playing guitar.  I don't like his songs and I don't care for EJ's super-mellow guitar tones.

I really enjoy Paisley and his playful phrasing too.  I can relate more to Urban's usual playing style(which is hyrbrid rock.country)that is performed in the majority of his songs.

I could easily put Andy Timmons or Gary Moore up against Bonamassa/EJ and tell you why I like their style/tone/phrasing and writing better.

That would be strictly opinion and my taste though. 

How can you condescend about that?  You make me sound like a misinformed hack. LOL ThumbsUp
My apologies to you if you took it that way. I certainly didn't mean for you to feel as if I was being condescending towards you, that was not my intention. If you took offense to me stating, "that anyone that thinks that Paisley can only play country would be mislead", or "that every musician worth his salt knows that Bonamassa is a beast", then that's on you brother.
You just stated yourself that Bonamassa is "extremely talented". I quoted you because I thought that you made a good post and it helped to transition into my post.
Last but not least I stated, "I have yet to meet an uber talented GP that is willing to admit that another player is more talented". When I typed that I was actually chuckling to myself but it is completely true from the point from which I stated it , which is my point of view and experience. Some cats are very genuine and do give props to those they feel deserve it. Many players say positive things in the public eye but then say just the opposite when behind closed doors.
You seem quite knowledgeable to me and I already admitted as much when I repped you for the post I quoted you on.
Your opinion holds water with me.
As for Urban he rips but if you listen closely much of his riffs sound the same. The Hayes kid (who is obviously influenced by Urban) sounds and plays his leads just like him. 
You keep rocking man! You're opinion is informed and well respected in my book. As you yourself stated this thread is based upon each poster's opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - coachmcneil71 - 07-16-2015, 04:58 AM