Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
(08-17-2015, 11:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sloppy, perhaps, but that's all part of his vibe.  I go back and forth on this, but I think SRV was a better player.  But the reason Jimi is almost always listed #1 is because he completely revolutionized the instrument.  Any rock player that came after him, they're all pretty much influenced by him.  So I think that's why he probably deserves the greatest tag.  Although as we all know, ranking guitar players is 100% subjective.
I saw a documentary on Hendrix where they were discussing his impact on music.

Many effects for guitar were developed based on his playing and ideas for sound shaping.

Basically he was a Guinea pig for music experimentation by musical instrument developers.

Whether they were direct ideas or not these were a part of musical history none the less.

I agree with Wes here.  I think Jimi's playing was psychodelic by design.

When  playing free and inhibited like he did...  then yes, it may seem sloppy at times but I think the word organic may be a better description.

Of course there's always the whole drug culture at the time.

I'm sure it probably made him hit a few sour ones every now and then. LMAO 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - BengalsRocker - 08-18-2015, 05:59 PM