Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-05-2016, 09:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Defensive line.

Pat Sims isn't good, we need to understand that. Peko is a UFA and needs to go. Michael Johnson just isn't that great. Nor is Will Clarke. They're both serviceable, but not starters. Gilberry still isn't good. And Hunt also isn't good.

Sure, we have Dunlap and Atkins. But we have no real pass rushers outside of them. If Dunlap or Atkins gets hurt and misses time, just double team the other and you win one on one matchups.

We need a true pass rusher and have every opportunity to get one in the draft. We've let that slide year in and year out. But you have Derek Barnett, a guy who wants to win and broke Reggie White's college sack record. Then you have Charles Harris, another guy who can get off of blocks and get to the quarterback. Much quicker off the edge and faster. Although he doesn't have as many moves as Barnett does, he's still a great pass rusher.

Smoot is also a guy to look out for. He's a lot better than his stats say. He gets in the backfield and disrupts plays, whether it be by making a play or filling a gap or making the opponent move somewhere they don't want to.

Then in free agency you have Sheard, JPP, and Calais Campbell.

Defensive tackle free agents? Kawaan Short, Sylvester Williams, Poe, and Fariley (again).

Draft when it comes to DT? While I like Billings, we still need help there and Billings is still an unknown.

There's Malik McDowell and Jaleel Johnson.

I believe we need athletic LBs. But we have also put off defensive line for far too long.

I say draft a pass rusher (please Barnett) and get a guy like Raekwon McMillan.

But there's also a lot younger talent when it comes to the LB position when free agency comes.

Great stuff Wolf. Hassan Reddick (spelling) from Temple is a name i just heard of, don't know how early he will go...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-05-2016, 10:06 PM