Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Believe Marvin Lewis can win a SB?
I was wondering if anyone believes that Marvin Lewis will ever win a Super Bowl as a HC.

Past Super Bowls have coaches doing creative, smart, and gutsy play calls to secure the Super Bowl win. Sean Payton's onside kick at the beginning of the half comes to mind. Does anyone see Marvin doing that? I know I haven't seen anything resemble any of those attributes from Marvin.

Those play calls are no where near the only aspect of the game that can win a SB. There are also extensive hours of preparation for both the game and the opponent. The Super Bowl is played at night, on the road (since it will never be at PBS), against a winning team, and on national television. All aspects that Marvin-led teams seem to play really, really bad in.

Tony Dungy's path is very similar and he only won a Super Bowl because he had arguably the best QB of all time leading his team. But more than that. His knock was that he couldn't get his teams deep in the playoffs. They still did well against good teams, in primetime, and on the road during the regular season at least. There are very few times I have felt that the Bengals have ever performed well in primetime against good teams.

The point I am trying to make here is that I cannot see Marvin ever winning a Super Bowl here. The Bengals looked good against the Eagles this past week and they will likely save Marvin's job by winning against Cleveland this week. But I don't see us ever winning a Super Bowl under Marvin. This team and this franchise cannot make it to the promised land when we are outcoached week in and week out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Does Anyone Believe Marvin Lewis can win a SB? - CincyWestside - 12-07-2016, 03:31 PM