Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
didnt make enough plays to get over the hump
(12-11-2016, 02:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, the sooner he's gone the better. It's not the new players who are the problems.

The decisions have been horrible. Let's look at them:

1. Og is an epic fail at RT, so we keep trotting him out there anyways. Presumably because the team spent a 1st round pick on him, which is not a valid reason at all. He finally gets benched after the team's season is all but done and suddenly Dalton has time to find 2nd and 3rd receivers in his progressions.

2. Made Hall wait and wait for an offer, then low ball him. He leaves. Nelson signed a 2 year $10M deal with Oakland. We sure could have kept him at that price.

3. Marv kept Nugent around even though he's clearly two year past retirement.

4. Cody Core has the speed and could have been used, even if sparingly earlier in the season to stretch defenses, route running issues matter less when a guy is screaming down toward the end zone. Gotta cover him even if he's off the mark by 5 yards. Of course, with Og and Bodine on our OL Dalton wasn't getting enough time to wing it deep, so we sort of set our selves up for a weak downfield attack from two sides, no speedster and weak blocking.

This team could have 4 more wins simply by having an average RT and a new kicker. Both could have been filled cheaply.

And now he wants Og on the left side? Og played both left and right tackle in college. If he sucks at the NFL level at RT why should we believe he'll be any better on the left side? We shouldn't and I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. What Paul Alexander says makes me believe the opposite must be true.

For Marv to say that we need to run better when he trots this OL out there every week he's sort of pleading guilty to being a moron. Jim Brown would have had a hard time running behind this line.
For one, while og has been bad at rt, when ur first starting out comfort level is a big deal and he says his left hand is really weak so he's a lot more comfortable at lt. Secondly if we had given hall a guy who was only playing 30 percent bc of back issues after 2 Achilles tear and nelson a new contract, then we couldn't have extended Hewitt,gio,Williams,etc. I agree with Cody core would rather him have been on field sparingly than James Wright. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: didnt make enough plays to get over the hump - Jpoore - 12-11-2016, 03:39 AM