Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players...
(12-20-2016, 07:33 AM)kevin Wrote: ...and if he comes out and says he wants to lose the next two games, then you would want him fired.

Look, this isn't preseason.  This is no time to start the second string....You play out the season....NO QUIT.....As Coach his goal now is to WIN the next two games and keep the team together. Keep them playing hard. Keep them focused....Now I saw Bengals coaches that could NOT do this. Sam Wyche was one of them, he lost all control that last awful season.  It is sad when the players quit on the coach and start clearing out their locker with games left.   I remember the lousy clubhouse attitudes of players on those 1990s teams.....I'll say this, very seldom has the team quit on Coach Lewis.  When they do, player changes soon follow. 

YES, THE BENGALS ARE OUT TO BEAT HOUSTON......and then FINISH WITH A WIN IN CINCY AGAINST BALTIMORE.....OF COURSE HE WANTS TO WIN THE LAST TWO GAMES......ANY COACH THAT WANTS TO LOSE THE LAST TWO GAMES WOULDN"T BE WORTH ANYTHING......Dalton wants to play......AJ GREEN wants to play.....Hill wants to play.....Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict want to play.......NO, THEY ARE NOT SENDING IN THE PRACTICE TEAM.   THIS IS NOT PRESEASON. 

THIS is a TEST of a Coach....No longer in play-off picture, Does the team still play hard, or Do they quit on the Coach....This is when Coaches have to prove they can keep the team together....I saw too many Bengals coaches who didn't and the team was so out of control at seasons end that The Bengals were the joke of all sports.  I do not want that now. NO QUIT....They get PAID.  Fans PAY MONEY...The NETWORKS PAY MONEY....The Commercials PAY MONEY.....Way too much MONEY and the NFL DOES NOT want teams now sending out their practice squads.  It's not good for the NFL, it's NOT GOOD for anybody.....YOU PLAY OUT THE SEASON..,.....This isn't Pee Wee Football, My Word, THIS IS THE NFL.  The stars and starters play because teams and TV and too much money being paid for the stars not to play.  Look, these bench warmers get the chance in practice all week to show the coach they are worthy. ......Coach Lewis is right to say the goal is to win out and no quit.

This is not Pee Wee Football.  We aren't trying to see what the area school has for next year...THIS IS THE NFL.....CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and NFL NETWORK are spending a ton of money and the last thing they want at seasons end is teams benching their starters and these games to look like the awful, awful preseason games. ...The Networks just would not put up with it, nor would NFL Headquarters or Owners or Fans......Why one of the worst teams I ever saw was the Bears with few wins, but Coach Halas and Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus were trying to win to the last game, because it is THE NFL, not pee wee football.

I don't think giving more snaps to some of the younger guys and wanting to win out are mutually exclusive.  

With due respect to someone like Karlos Dansby if he is subbed out for Vigil a bit more do you really think that is fatal to our chances of winning?  

The younger guys will have a point to prove and yes they may make some mistakes but let them make it against the Texans in a game that will not change our playoff chances...I'd rather them not learn on the road .vs. the Steelers early next year when it will matter a lot more.

Re: your point on Lewis.  I do agree and think it is to his credit that he has always found a way to keep the team pretty much united and facing the same direction even when things have not gone well
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younge... - sonofstat - 12-20-2016, 09:31 AM