Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Brown, please step down..
I refer to coach Lewis as Marvin Brown in the thread title, because he's been around so long, it's like he's been inducted into the family. What I mean by "part of the family", is that he is so entrenched into the workings of the team, that he has reached "untouchable" status, as in immunity from being fired.

So, with that in mind, the best we can possibly hope for is that he can see the writing on the wall, and decide for himself that his time has passed, and it is indeed time to retire as HC of the Bengals. In Lewis' 14 seasons with the Bengals, there has been progress, the team has risen from the depths of disparity. However, everything wrong with the Marvin Lewis coached teams, reared it's ugly head, for the second time in a calendar year this Sunday. To recap the scene: A seemingly well prepared Bengals team came out and dominated a quality team for half the game. After the break, crickets... The team forgot how to execute on offense, got frustrated on defense, committed senseless penalties, and in general terms, came unglued.

This is not the 1st time this year, or in the past couple years, or even in the past 10 seasons that this has happened. Over the span of the past 14 years, only one important component remains in tact, Marvin Lewis.

Coach, thanks for the memories! Now, please step down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin Brown, please step down.. - SunsetBengal - 12-19-2016, 09:33 PM