Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
(12-21-2016, 10:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: Now that I think about it I am actually looking forward to next season, especially since we will more than likely have a top 10 draft pick. Imagine what we could look like next season with Billings and Geno and hopefully Jackson can start next season too. Him and Kirkpatrick could make a great duo. If we bring Pacman back maybe we could move him to the slot or a safety position since he is getting older.

Right now in the midst of this season I find it hard to be massively optimistic.   

There's not a team in the league (apart from maybe the Browns  Tongue ) who can not play the 'what if' game ...if X comes back from injury, if we draft XX and XXX will have another year in the system so should be better.. 

Unlike many of the non playoff teams i do genuinely believe we do have a core of very good players in place (QB, WR1, DT1, DE1, OLB, OT1).

Where i still am not optimistic is that around the very good core individuals we have too many average/below average players due to missing on draft picks....all of RT, OC, WR2, WR3, RB, FS, CB3, MLB,SLB, K could be upgraded.  

That amount of upgrade plus the quality of our assistant coaches we will continue to bring into next season, means we may have miss playoffs again.

Of course the biggest blocker to any excitement is another year of Marv.  He won't do a bad job next year , but he won't do a good one either.  He will still produce a slogan and a t-shirt and he still will be way too conservative, and he will still be outcoached and out-adjusted.

I'm just so weary of Marv that it kind of drains any excitement out of me....and that was the case when our player quality was excellent last year. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - sonofstat - 12-21-2016, 01:00 PM