Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Bengals: Running Back
(01-09-2017, 06:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand the basic premise you are trying to support, and I agree with it...to an extent.

The Bengals rushing offense looked awful this year, but when Rex got his chance it looked pretty solid.  How much of it was the RB and how much of it was the line?  Clearly, a combination of the two, but a running back like Dalvin Cook is a transcendent talent.  He fits our scheme perfectly.  

If the top 3 DEs are gone, and the Bengals slide to something like 15 or 16 and Cook is still there, he has to be given strong consideration.  Would I take him over a top 5 overall talent OT if he was still there?  No, but there will be scenarios where the Bengals should take Cook over reaching for a LB.

Definately would not be against trading back if the top 3 DE's are gone at 9.

You have to give Cook a strong consideration, the dude will be very special in the NFL and did his damage in
college behind a poor O-line. I completely understand Joelist's point about the trenches cause that is where it
starts but Cook is a BPA type that you have to consider if the elite pass rushers that fit our team are gone.

(01-09-2017, 06:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't think there is one in this draft (top 5 overall OT). Last year was the year of the tackles. And not to bring up a certain Oklahoma rb but I will bc we can get him late instead of getting him in top 20 which is where he would be drafted if not for incident. I hope we do trade down to 15-16 get a second rounder as well and get a player like Walker/davis/mcmillan/ elflien/etc. That said if they believe mixon's issues are still there I think cook should be considered along with Davis very strongly.

Hey, if get Cam Robinson in the 1st, Walker/McMillion/Elfein/Toth in the 2nd and Joe Mixon late i would be happy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Bengals: Running Back - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-09-2017, 01:37 PM