Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Bullock's missed FG against Houston
I was looking at the NFL draft order today and I noticed that there are 3 7-9 teams and 1 other 7-8-1 team right behind us. So, if Bullock made that meaningless kick and won the game against Houston, we'd be looking at picking at either 12 or 13th overall.

I'm very happy he missed that kick. Because we all know a player that the team really wants can go a pick or 2 before your pick, and that can be really upsetting. Look at Pittsburgh last year (from whom we stole Jackson) or even us last year (from whom Doctson and Fuller were taken just 2 and 3 picks ahead of us).

This holds even more true in the top 10. When it comes to positional rankings, it is not uncommon for there to be a significant drop off between the #1 prospect in a position and the #2 prospect.

Picking in the top 10 means there's a good chance we'll get our first or maybe second choice among the draft class, whereas picking 13th would have meant we'd be picking from the left overs of the top 10.

I know winning is good and it helps the team yada yada yada. But I'm personally ecstatic that he carried on Nugent's legacy, if not for just that one game. It helped the team in the long run. Pride heals. But the players we draft this year will be on this team for the next half decade. It would be senseless to decrease your chances there just for a feel good win.

Good job Bullock!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Randy Bullock's missed FG against Houston - CJD - 01-06-2017, 09:23 AM