Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans
(01-14-2017, 03:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Peko deserves praise for how he held down that position this year.  He was supposed to be used in a rotational manner, but ended up having to take the bulk of snaps (again) because the rookie got injured (again), and Pat Sims was too fat to play very long (again).

I believe he can still contribute very well if his snaps were reduced by 50%.  He is still a very instinctive player with a high motor.  I have no idea why he gets such hate around here (not saying that is you, Nate).  If he isn't brought back and Billings and Hardison struggle or have injuries, we will realize that it isn't easy to just plug and play a NT.  

I would give him the same two-year offer that I would Whit, but for less money.  Maybe $8-9 million for two years.  

Nah, you got me right. I have been known as a "Peko hater".

I really like Domata, great guy but he is clearly starting to fall off and we can find a NT that can just take up space.

Billings does more than take up space, he manhandles Guards and Centers and gets after the QB.

No more one trick ponys. We need DT's that can stop the run AND rush the passer.

Just like on Offense, less predictability. When Peko is in, the opposing team should pass, that is what i would do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-14-2017, 03:38 PM