Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best or Favorite Drummer of All-Time
(07-11-2015, 05:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My two major drumming influences were Buddy Rich and Ringo Starr. I'm just into that kind of thing. Peart's work is amazing, though, no doubt about that. I would like Travis Barker more if I didn't blame him (I know it is not his fault, but the timing is what it is) for the direction Blink 182 took post Dude Ranch.

I probably have no single drummer I consider the best. Being a drummer I appreciate multiples for what they play. But I'm also horrible at remembering names so I couldn't tell you even the bands which I love the drum work in. I just know it when I hear it.
I agree that their music (for the most part) has progressively gotten worse and they've kind of gotten away from being a punk band, but then I don't think they ever were the traditional punk style anyways.

They kind of had a style of their own that just said "we don't give a flying ****, we just produce good music," which is what made them so good.  Like I said, I think they've kind of drifted away from that and become more mainstream.  
(07-11-2015, 07:43 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I am not trying to be a dick, but Blink-182 is not punk. I actually enjoy them, but they are not punk. Neither is Green Day, The Offspring, Sum 41, and all of those other mall rock bands from the 90s.  ThumbsUp

See above.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best or Favorite Drummer of All-Time - BFritz21 - 07-11-2015, 08:50 PM