Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
(07-14-2015, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Peko became a full time starter in 2007 Haloti Ngata is the only interior D-lineman in the league with more tackles than Peko. Domata has consistently been one of the most productive DTs in the entire league.  During that 8 year stretch the Bengals defense has finished in the top 7 in yards allowed 4 times and only twice failed to be ranked in the top half of the league.  Mike Zimmer, even after he had left the Bengals to coach the Vikings, continued to sing Peko's praises.   To suggest that he is not even worthy of being a full time player is ridiculous.

Peko is the most under appreciated player in Bengal history.

He hasn't been worthy of being a full time player for at least a couple of years now, his best is behind him.

There are a lot of young DTs much better than Peko, just because they haven't been in the league long enough to rack up the career tackles just can't suggest that he's better than them. I'm sure I can find some very mediocre or worse players at various positions with volume stats that "prove" they're good too.

I don't think he's awful, I just think he would look better if he played less. Sort of like when Maualuga "improved" when he played less snaps. Peko seemingly got pushed around quite a bit in 2013 and 2014. I call it like I see it, I don't have a problem with Domata Peko as a person, he just hasn't been a good football player for at least 2 years. You have a strange obsession with defending Bengals players that weren't/aren't very good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era. - djs7685 - 07-14-2015, 02:00 PM