Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Had 1st Pick in 2017 Fantasy League Draft ?
(05-10-2017, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I would say Bell except he can't stay healthy.  

I also think that Ben is full of shit and he's not even considering retirement, but there's always the chance that he is and the Steelers and Bell could go nuts for him and play unreal if he tells them before the season.

It's also a possibility that Ben's heart might not be in it, he has a shitty year or gets hurt, and Bell's play suffers with a backup QB (especially if they go Dobbs because I think he'll struggle in the NFL due to his misshaped head not being able to fit in his helmet).

[Image: 2558167.jpg]

I think Dak goes off this year and Zeke kills it behind the always-dominant Cowboys line.

David Johnson is also has high upside because, as Leonard said, his pass-catching ability always keeps him producing in games, regardless of the score.

However, Palmer could struggle since he's 37 and that could affect Johnson's play.

Final Answer:  Zeke.

I have to go along with that.  I liked the Cowboys Offensive Line last year.  They made the rookies at RB and QB look great....Plus Elliott actually is very good.  They will block and open lanes and he will get many yards if no major injuries. 

This is coming up. I have to be ready to get in some drafts during preseason in August so I don't miss first week like last year.  Last year I went QB and WR's early only to find out teams load up on RB's and hoard them and all season long it is hard to grab a good free agent RB. When one breaks out, everybody puts in a bid for him.  So I have to get at least one Super Star RB early, I know that now. There are a lot more WR's that put up Fantasy Points than there are RB's.  Most NFL RB's give you few points and the other teams then just wax you every week with such a point loss at RB to them. 

I drafted the Seattle QB last year in Round One. I figured passing, some running and TD's.  He was injured and had a bad year. Good thing I picked Dalton as my back-up because he ended up starting most weeks for me. He had a better year than Wilson, even if Bengals record doesn't show it.  I will only go round One on a QB if the Top RBs are gone and Aaron Rogers is there to pick. I passed on him last year taking Wilson, another mistake I regretted all my first Fantasy Football season. I won't go Defense as high either. There actually are good Free Agent Defenses as season goes along I discovered. Teams improve from one season to the next. Often the Packers, Cowboys or Bengals were Free Agent Defenses to be had during the season, and you can win adding those defenses. There were good free agent WR's to add and even TE. Even hot QBs can be picked up...It's just hard to pick up RB's because all the Fantasy Owners hoard them. They load up on RB and refuse to drop one. Well, injuries and bye weeks kind of force a great stable of RB's. I see that now. You need at least 2 Great RB's and one solid RB for their Bye Weeks, plus one more solid because RB's get injured more it seems. So that is 4, 2 great and 2 solid. You might pick up a solid in Free Agency, but not a Great...So I will have to grab at least 2 early but also get a top QB and a top WR in my first 4 picks. Then load up on WR and TE from round 5 on with an eye out for RB #3. ....I started with Russell Wilson and Brandon Marshall last year and both did nothing for me. You can't wiff on your first 2 picks and have a good season.

The speed of the draft threw me plus I was on a computer list showing it's top ranked players like a Mel Kiper list, and not seeing who I wanted many times. Meanwhile expert players were drafting off that list somehow, probably on another screen....If they have mock draft practices, I need to work those and get up to speed with the others this year. I don't always want any of the 10 players showing on the computers top 10. Maybe a good player is on the board but it is showing me 10 players at other positions. ...I must practice the Mock Drafts, because I got smoked on being in the wrong Mel Kiper type screen. I needed the see everybody screen, not the computer top 10. I'd like to do 3, 4, 5 Mock Drafts to get it down because the speed doesn't let you learn on the fly. You have to know the buttons to click on going in...I would hate to miss great players because I don't know how to work the draft web site. ...In baseball drafts this year I learned to box 3 players I wanted while others drafted, so when it was my turn one of them might still be on the board to click on. That helped. You only have so many seconds, so you have to have these guys lined up and ready to click their name. You don't get all day like the NFL Draft. Fantasy Draft goes fast...In August I need to practice some Mock Drafts to get it all down. If there is a box I can put 3 possible picks in, I need to learn how to work it, because THAT is a great option to use. You get your box of players ready as others pick, so when you are on the clock, you are ready. I hope football has that option as my baseball leagues had. That way if 2 go off the board, Bang, Bang, you still that 3rd guy to click on. ...As others draft, you hump it and get ready to go.

Yes, I would like to nail down two 1,000 yard rushers early. It won't be easy. Of course you can't get both Elliott and Bell, and maybe not either of them...I'll have to have my draft lists ready and some Mock Drafts under my belt to find my players list players quick and fast. I'll do my homework on this in August to get in some leagues late August. I got in one the weekend before NFL Season, but I forgot about the Thursday Night Opener and that league started week 2. Another school of hard knocks. I have to be in leagues much earlier. At least Preseason Week 3 weekend.

My first Baseball Mock draft of this year, I couldn't click on anybody....After many mock practices I even learned how to create a box of 3 to 5 players I wanted. That was nice because as they went off the board I just added on. Then when I was on the clock, I had my list to just click on the top guy. If you draft early or late you really need it if it flip flops. Lets say you draft last but the next round you draft first, my word, you have to make 2 picks in a few seconds. Same if first but then last but back to first again. Gotta practice those Mock Drafts and get the computer down or it ain't happening.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Had 1st Pick in 2017 Fantasy League Draft ? - kevin - 07-08-2017, 07:13 PM