Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green contract floor has been set. 70 milion
(07-15-2015, 06:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think you can evaluate them without bringing QB play into it. If you watch Dez, he's fantastic. AJ may be better at plucking balls out of the air, but Dez is more physical. They're both beasts and I don't see how anyone could say one is any better than the other. 

Honestly, I think bringing QB play up is kind of silly. AJ has had amazing production with Dalton as his QB. You can't get much better than 1400 yards and 11 TD's. Unless you're Calvin Johnson. Of course, AJ hasn't been on Calvin's level, and the Bengals don't pass nearly as much as the Lions. So expecting 1600+ yards is kind of unrealistic.

In short, I don't see where Dalton has held AJ back.

Agreed. This is good news for us. AJ should get right around what Dez got.

I had a feeling I'd get some backlash.

I'm saying strictly speaking stats, when someone says this WR has better production, but the QB difference is noticeable, it's just not a strong enough argument.

I'm saying it's impressive, not the other way around, that Green is producing close to these guy's levels and that shouldn't diminish his value, like luvnit said.

I don't think he's held him back a whole lot because there's not a lot of room for improvement statistically, like you said. But it should be mentioned, whether it sounds like an insult or not, that 
he produced these numbers with an average QB compared to two of the top 6-7 QBs in the league. That's all.

And I still think A.J. hasn't reached his potential as a player, maybe production, but not his skillset.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green contract floor has been set. 70 milion - Stormborn - 07-15-2015, 06:23 PM