Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
I saw a post from ElkValleyBengal in the "Loss that hurt the most" thread, where he mentioned Greg Cook being the "biggest loss". That got me thinking. If you could erase an injury and bring back any Bengal whose career was ended short, who would you add to this team? The player would also become less injury prone, just to get that out of the way. Here's some names to get it started, but you can add anyone you can think of:

Greg Cook
Ki-Jana Carter
David Pollack
Peter Warrick
Kenny Irons
Odell Thurman (not an injury, but still)
Chris Henry (see Thurman)
Chris Perry (career was ruined by multiple injuries...looked great in 2005)
Dennis Weathersby
Ickey Woods
Stanley Wilson (see Henry and Thurman)
Jordan Shipley (nod to TGISunday)

As an aside, I noticed two things while looking through our draft history. Apparently, the Bengals (likely Paul Brown) used to value the center position, drafting both Bob Johnson and Dave Rimington in the first round. Johnson was actually the highest-drafted center since 1938. I also saw that we drafted two tackles named Mike Wilson in an 8 year span. One in the 14th round of the 1969 draft (out of Dayton) and one in the 4th round of the 1977 draft (out of Georgia).

Yes, I'm bored today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - Shake n Blake - 03-23-2017, 03:26 PM