Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
I wasn't around for the Greg Cook era but I remember hearing Bob Trumpy saying he believed he'd have "a hand full of super bowl rings" had Cook never been injured. He was that highly regarded from players and coaches evetywhere. Our match ups with the steelers of the 70's would have been far more interesting... From an overall franchise standpoint, I'd have to choose Cook.

But for selfish reasons, I'd desperately love to see how Carson's career would have turned out if he never got Kimo'd. Sure, his career wasn't ended after the hit but he was never the same. Mentally, physically or whatever. The elite QB Carson never returned again. He was on the fast track to being a perennial Top 3 QB with Peyton and Brady. I'd have to think he'd have won us a super bowl or 2 without that injury but... With Marvin coaching who knows? And of course (again), Pittsburgh wins Super Bowls instead of our once great QB. Life as a Cincinnati fan simply isn't fair
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - Pat5775 - 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM