Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
(03-23-2017, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think the knee injury messed Carson's career up. Brady suffered the same exact injury and it's a footnote to his career. I will say that corroding talent (particularly on the o-line) probably didn't help at all, but I think people just overestimated how good he was based on 1 season. Nick Foles had one of the greatest seasons of all-time and now look at him.

Now I'm not saying Palmer = Foles. I'm just saying that it's very possible Carson was just a "very good" - but not "great" QB that had a fantastic season with a stacked team around him.

Kind of like Dalton in 2015.

......2008 was what did Carson in.  The elbow just wasn't there anymore, but he was still confident in an ability that just didn't exist after that injury.  The eroding talent on the oline was a big issue too.  He had all of the traits you want in a QB, I think he was pretty damn good....he was a little gunshy in 2006 stepping into his throws, but calmed down.  He's suffered two bad knee injuries, nerve damage to his throwing shoulder, and the aforementioned elbow, and is still soldiering on.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-23-2017, 04:38 PM