Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
(03-25-2017, 10:45 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Fully healthy Pdub with AJ Green would be legit.  I don't think we know what we are missing with Pdub because he played some injured and had some success but I don't think Cincinnati knows what a healthy Pdub looks like.

People forget that Pdub never had good QB play. Akili Smith. Gus Frerotte rotating with Jon Kitna. Palmer's "rookie" season was the best QB play Pdub got, and he shined that year (819 yards, 7 TDs). I'm of the opinion that he'd be remembered much differently if he'd remained healthy with better QB play.

(03-25-2017, 11:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carter was amazing at Penn State. Had he stayed healthy...he may have ended up like Tomlinson. That would have been a really dynamic offense...with a bad defense.

Pollack would look good on the current Bengals team.

Chris Henry next to Green and Lafell would be pretty dynamic too.

It was a bad defense, but we were a couple wins away from playoff spots in '95 and '96. I can't help but feel Ki-Jana could've helped us get those wins. He'd also be a massive help to this current team. I wasn't as sold on Pollack as others. He was kind of a tweener type. His production was ok (5.5 sacks in 17 games). He probably would've been better with his hand in the dirt.

Chris Henry is a big question mark. If you take away his CTE and off-field troubles, I think he could've made a huge impact on the old teams or this current one. People kinda regarded him as a one trick pony though. Plus his production really wasn't impressive in his last 3 seasons. Only 799 yards and 6 TDs in 28 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - Shake n Blake - 03-26-2017, 12:57 PM