Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury...
KEN DYER

I would add a healthy Pollack to the 2017 Bengals because we have Dalton and Hill but Pollack would be a huge LB upgrade. Cook and Ki Jana are just sad cases. Maybe I would bring back a healthy KEN DYER so his family gets to have him not paralyzed. That would be huge. Since none of this can be done, I'm hoping top draft picks Ced and Jackson shake off their injuries and I hope Eifert, AJ Green, Hill and Bernard shake off their injuries. Yeah, that's it. Just a more major injury free 2017 from what we have been having. Often injured Andre Smith back would be in there on having a healthy season also. Burfict has had his concussions which lead to more concussions, so add him on no concussions, he has had more than his share.

If I could wave a magic wand and take away just one Bengal history injury, it would be KEN DYER. That was just tragic for that young man to become paralyzed. Just a part of the game that makes you sick because no game, nothing is worth that. A huge reason I'm glad Pollack walked away from the game when doctors said the next good hit would leave him paralyzed. He did the right thing listening to doctors and his family is so grateful he didn't end up like Dyer.

I'll add that if Tim Krumrie doesn't break his leg in the Super Bowl, Bengals win that Super Bowl. Krumrie all season as nose guard somehow made tackles sideline to sideline like middle linebacker Dick Butkus or Bill Bergey. How he did it as a nose guard I do not know. All I know is he was the reason our defense was even in the Super Bowl. Losing Carson in 2005 play-off game hurt, Losing Dalton in 2015 hurt, Still, if Krumrie doesn't break his leg in Super Bowl, Bengals would have won that one. .....but given winning the Super Bowl or a healthy Ken Dyer, I'll take KEN DYER not paralyzed every time.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could add any former Bengal whose career was ruined by injury... - kevin - 03-26-2017, 03:32 PM