Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards and Saints interested in Gresham
(07-20-2015, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as the Cardinals' 3 TE's combined for about 500 yards and a single TD last season I would say he doesn't have huge shoes to fill.  Then again, who was the last Bengals TE to contribute as much as Gresh did?  Ida know, maybe everyone is right and he's borderline awful.

Honestly, I don't see many people saying that. It's mostly been big Gresh fans getting upset when others claim he's mediocre, or that he makes too many mental mistakes, or that he's a thorn in the side of coaches.

I'm glad that Gresh will possibly get a chance elsewhere, but if he signs with the Cards it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good player. It just means he's better than what the Cards have. John Carlson retired. Housler is gone. 2014 2nd round pick Troy Niklas will compete for snaps, but the Cards need some experience. Gresh might start and/or get significant snaps, but I doubt he'll be a focal point of their plans.

Of course, if he's as good as some claim, and our scheme was holding him back, he could put up 800+ yards this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cards and Saints interested in Gresham - Shake n Blake - 07-20-2015, 12:23 PM