Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(04-12-2017, 10:26 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: Nope! Not bad at all! I still wish our starting pitchers would get more innings in though! 

A lot of top hitters and pitchers are struggling early.  Great pitchers not going deep in innings yet and hitters such as Trout, Betts, Arenado, Donaldson, Altuve, Bryant, Encarnacion, Dozier, Votto not hitting yet.   So it's very early yet and look for our starters to go deeper and Votto to hit this season.   The GOOD NEWS is 3-0 in series play to start the season.  Wins in April count as much as wins in September. 

I'm now hoping for the SWEEP.  That would make Reds 7-2.   I'm now wondering how fast Reds can get 10 wins, since 90 is pretty much play-offs.  I know, a long way off.  Getting 10 fast wins would help.  15 wins in a month is great.  Reds are at 6. Still, they are 3-0 in series play with Milwaukee up next. Milwaukee is a 4 game series and so 3 wins it and 2 ties it. It would be nice after Easter and April 17th to say Reds haven't lost a series yet.

How about Scooter Gennett.  Announcers now wondering about him as a starter. I'm wondering how many positions he can play. If Votto or Suarez need a day off, can he play first or third.  How about left or right giving a guy a day off.  Players need days off during the long season. Every team needs a Super Sub. Ryan Freel use to be one.   With Gennett hitting like this and he was a star player in the past, They may want to find ways to get his bat in line-up and give others a day off.  Plus a Super Sub just makes a managers job so much easier.  My guess is he could fill in at first, third, left, right and not do too bad as a sub.  If he just stinks at some of these positions you scratch those positions off the list.  However they do it, Scooter Gennett needs his at bats because he is ripping the ball like he use to.  Tied with Duvall in homers but leads team in RBI's.   Find ways to get him in line-up.  Grew up in Cincy also.    Reds aren't carrying many bench players so they can have extra pitchers. This kind of means bench players have to play more than one position. I sure would be finding ways to get that bat in line-up, even if it is done giving players at many positions a day off on a rotation basis. This Scooter Gennett is no fluke and has been a good player in baseball.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 04-12-2017, 02:21 PM