Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
a BUMP in the road by both veteran pitchers. Maybe the young guys can get a split or at least avoid a 4 game sweep. I can see letting Arroyo come back. Two outings is too early to give up on him. Plus he was always a good day, bad day pitcher. When his junk is on, he wins. When he hangs those junk pitches, he gets clobbered. Since he has been going from team to team, maybe he just throws that hanging curve way too much. He never did have a fast ball and his arm injury has probably left him with even less of a fast ball. So smart hitters wait for that hanging curve. If it turns out Arroyo just has no more game, the Reds must see that this team has talent to compete. If we were in last place maybe an old pitcher coming back and getting clobbered would be OK.

Sal Romano who dominated in Spring Training is at Louisville. 1.38 ERA in 13 innings. 8 strikeouts and 0 walks. In Spring Training he had 25 strike outs in 20 innings and only 3 walks for a 3.15 ERA. At 23 years old it would seem it is time to let him try the Big Leagues. Arroyo may not have it, Homer may never be healthy, it seems like we do have good young pitchers such as Garrett. I'm willing to let Arroyo pitch a couple more times, but if he gets clobbered 4 times in a row, that should end this comeback. I really hope next time out his junk is on and he can junk up 15 wins again, but so far it doesn't look good. Arroyo still has that big bowling curve that is fun to watch go towards the hitter and curve to the plate, until he hangs it in the wheel house like a launching pad. That junk use to be good for 15 wins a year, but not in recent years.

Even if Reds lose this series they still start 3-1 in series play. Nobody counted on that. I'm hoping they can get a win or two in this series after losing first 2 games. This team has much promise and upsides even if they lose their first series. You can't win em' all. They scored runs tonight so they are hitting. Right now the old veteran pitchers are the weak link. Still, Votto isn't hitting and many veterans are stinking in MLB early on. If Bengals would start 3-1, I would be a happy Bengal Fan.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 04-15-2017, 12:43 AM