Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(04-15-2017, 12:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the bullpen is being overworked. They really really need to get 7 to 8 innings out of someone in the next few games. I know they're young starting pitchers coming through the next few games, but it's just wearing on our also young bull pen.

Right now the young Finnegan and Garrett have a better chance of giving us those innings than veterans Arroyo and Feldman.  A nice outing by Finnegan today would be great. He needs to keep his walks down.  His first game he kept his pitch count down but his last game he kept loading the bases and pitching out of trouble but he was shot by the 3rd or 4th inning.  If he avoids walks and errors today he should be fine today because nobody has really hit him yet.  I have more faith in Davis Sunday than Arroyo.  It appears any hopes are in the young pitchers. 

I agree not to blow out a bullpen, but it is so early. Starters on all teams just getting stretched out. Many off days.  Plus Reds are carrying a ton of pitchers and very short on pinch hitters and bench players.  They are set up for extra bullpen work.  They have a couple starters in the bullpen that maybe they need to reconsider starting, especially if they are asking them to come in and pitch 3 or more innings. They might be better starting every 5th day and going 7 innings.  Maybe Arroyo needs to go to the pen as a mop up innings eater in games we are way behind in. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 04-15-2017, 01:15 PM