Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(04-17-2017, 08:18 AM)grampahol Wrote: And yet everyone still wants to unload  Cozart right away. 
Some team with great pitching is going to see their SS go down sooner or later and the market for a .400 hitting SS will suddenly go WAY WAY up.. I'm glad we still have him. 
I would hope that they could keep Romano up with the big team and see him settle in without trying to throw the ball through the catchers body. I'm thinking his first start he was just too pumped up with adrenaline. I would be to..

Romano was in Louisville.  So I wonder if he got a late call, maybe driven or bus to Cincinnati or a shuttle plane. Right into locker room and into uniform and onto field.  Maybe he had also just pitched in Louisville and still tired from that.  I do know he was great in Spring Training and at Louisville and judging him on this first start on short notice is too much the way Cleveland Browns go through quarterbacks each game.   Romano has pitched better all 2017 than this rush job emergency call up.   I am looking forward to him as a Red in the future. 

So I agree on Romano and I agree on Cozart.  I added Cozart to my Fantasy Teams because 16 hits has him on pace for around 200 hits and batting over .400 is a good way to bat over .300 ....I also added a couple other players after April 15th while dumping some of those late round picks that are either injured or not hitting.  I had a chance to add Garrett to most teams because I don't think most MLB fans know of him yet.  A 3rd straight good game against Orioles and everybody in Fantasy Baseball will try to grab him.  Teams of mine that have Duvall and/ or Suarez of course I'm glad about.   

16 of 37 for .432 BA for Cozart, and I bet a lot don't know that is one of best starts in MLB in 2017 the first 2 weeks.  In Fantasy Baseball, who can't dump a bench player struggling and add a shortstop batting .432 ....Cozarts going to start for my teams this week with some others I grabbed. Some good top picks not hitting are going to the bench until they earn their way back. After 2 weeks, I'm putting 2016 in rear view mirror and looking for 2017 guys hitting and Cozart is flat out hitting. Now pitching, I've been working on that all along and will all season. Garrett and I grabbed Royals Vargas. White Sox OF Garcia trying to dump late round dead weight for 2017 surprise players. I looked for hottest bat to add and discovered it was Cozart, not even looking for a Red. I saw a catcher batting .400 but I was actually dumping back up catchers for hot bats. I've also dumped the top closers I drafted including Chapman while adding starters listed as starters/ relievers. I will get beat on saves points but I should win out on innings pitched points and hopefully K's and Wins. It may backfire, but I discovered I wanted as much top starting pitching to cover the weeks and season as I could get. I'll take a zero in saves this season if it lets me win out in other areas.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 04-17-2017, 06:45 PM