Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
Reds split the 2 game series with New York Yankees. That puts them 2-0-1 in series play to start May and 5-4-2 in series play on the season. So going into a day off the Reds are 18-15 and a half game behind St Louis. They are 12-10 at home and 6-5 on the road which means they can win at home and on the road. They have won 8 out of the last 10. It's early. but if the season ended right now, Price would have to be manager of the year.

So a day off and off to San Francisco. The good news is they then leave the west coast. Sure, they have to go to Chicago Cubs, but at least it's not one of those extra long west coast trips. I've seen many Reds seasons including 1970's and 1990 where Reds season hit a huge bump in the road on the west coast. The weekend in Frisco and then Reds don't have to go back there this season.

I do see one down side to schedule. The rest of May is 5 home games and 15 road games. Stops in San Francisco, Chicago Cubs, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Toronto. The Reds get time enough to come home and wash their clothes. Other than that they will be living out of a suit case. So looking at the schedule to see when Reds have a bunch of home games and Reds just had it. Reds started season with 22 at home and 11 on the road and a half game out of first. Now Reds have to show they can do it on the road. The end of May, the middle of June and the first half of September are where the Reds live on the road a lot. August has a lot of home games. .....The next 20 games are going to test the Reds. 15 out of 20 on the road. Well, nobody said it would be easy.

So a day off for travel and weekend in San Francisco. Go Reds. I like the 4 in afternoon start times Saturday and Sunday. That is NFL football game of the day times, and a good time to watch sports. I doubt I will be watching Thursday and Friday after midnight, but I like the Saturday and Sunday TV game times.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 05-10-2017, 04:51 AM