Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(06-04-2017, 05:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Another day, another garbage start completely ruining a wonderful offensive performance.

I really hope we get some half decent starting pitching going sometime in the next 5 years.
Garrett was pitching well for Reds and then they decided to avoid injuries later by sending him to minors on orders he didn't throw a pitch for 2 weeks....It seemed like a very strange move, but the company yes men Reds announcers tried to sell it.....So he was pitching pretty good and Reds benched him 2 weeks to avoid injury later in season as they tried to limit his innings.....So when they brought Garrett back he was rusty. Then he got injured. Now he is back from injury and rusty. ....Now the company stooge Reds announcers will just question why Garrett is not pitching well now.  THE LESSON IS :  Do not send a pitcher to the minors and shut him down for 2 weeks when he is pitching better than anybody on the team and healthy. 

My hope for Garrett is the Reds aren't ruining another good young pitcher.  I hope Garrett just back from injury and before that the 2 week shut down, I hope he gets back into pitching every 5th day again and gets back in the groove he was in before Reds messed with him.  I hope Garrett gets back to throwing strikes and challenging hitters as when he started season. He was 4 wins, 2 losses with a 4.25 era before Reds shut him down for 2 weeks to avoid injury.  Bringing him back, he was quickly on the 10 day DL......None of what the Reds did here makes sense, I don't care what store bought announcers say....I hope Reds aren't ruining yet another young pitcher and I hope he bounces back. 

Meanwhile Reds did lose a series against Braves that throws them off this .500 ball thing, but here is where messing with a good young pitcher came back to bite ownership in their assorted strange player moves.

The Reds have been trading for pitching and drafting pitching and trading for pitching and drafting pitching. Maybe, just maybe the Reds from A Ball on up have lousy pitching coaches that don't teach these pitchers one single thing. It would explain all the pitchers traded for or drafted struggling. If this is the case, no matter who Reds draft in next 5 years won't matter until they get good coaches from A ball up to Majors. We can ask what's wrong with all pitchers on Reds in minors and majors, OR we can ask what the heck is the problem with Price and all these other so called pitching coaches. Maybe the Dodgers system would have developed these pitchers better. Maybe a lot of teams systems would. One example is all the hype of getting Stephenson and how after time in minors he would dominate. We have heard this of other top pitcher draft picks. Has anybody ever considered the Reds don't teach these kids one new pitch or one darn thing in the minors to majors.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - kevin - 06-05-2017, 05:17 AM