Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(06-20-2017, 10:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: They are both ascending players with long-term team control. I think Hamilton has shown A LOT of improvement since his rookie year. His defense is the best in the league and his base stealing is too. I don't think he'll ever be a .300 hitter, he just needs to work on taking more walks. As far as Peraza, he's basically a rookie, you need to lower your expectations some.

I'm not the one who put them on an untouchable list Tongue. I was just asking what about them makes them, in your eyes, untouchable. Like I said, they both have potential, but we haven't gotten anything out of either nor have we seen either fulfill any portion of that potential.

If another team became enamored with one of them and was offering a premium prospect in exchange, I don't see why we wouldn't do it.

And whether Hamilton has improved or not since his rookie year is debatable. In his rookie year, his line was .250/.292/.355/.647.

This year he is currently at .244/.296/.319/.615

In his rookie year, he struck out 117 times, walked 34 times and had a WAR of 2.6.

This year, he is on pace for 148 strikeouts and 47 walks and has a WAR of 0.1.

His walks have increased, but so have his strike outs.

And he's a flashy defender, but he is the 30th ranked CF in DWAR.

I won't deny that he's fun to watch, but I think the improvement you've seen is mainly due to bias.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - CJD - 06-20-2017, 10:53 AM