Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(06-20-2017, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not the one who put them on an untouchable list Tongue. I was just asking what about them makes them, in your eyes, untouchable. Like I said, they both have potential, but we haven't gotten anything out of either nor have we seen either fulfill any portion of that potential.

If another team became enamored with one of them and was offering a premium prospect in exchange, I don't see why we wouldn't do it.

And whether Hamilton has improved or not since his rookie year is debatable. In his rookie year, his line was .250/.292/.355/.647.

This year he is currently at .244/.296/.319/.615

In his rookie year, he struck out 117 times, walked 34 times and had a WAR of 2.6.

This year, he is on pace for 148 strikeouts and 47 walks and has a WAR of 0.1.

His walks have increased, but so have his strike outs.

And he's a flashy defender, but he is the 30th ranked CF in DWAR.

I won't deny that he's fun to watch, but I think the improvement you've seen is mainly due to bias.

Why they are untouchable is because they are young, yes 27 is young in baseball, and the team has cheap control over them for several more years. Hamilton is struggling right now, but his 2nd and third years as a pro were incrementally better than his rookie year. I'd like to see him give up switch hitting and get more days off to prevent injuries. If we had an elite CF prospect waiting in the minors, I'd be more inclined to trade him, but we don't.

I think the team needs to start competing and retaining core players again. The only guys that should be on the trading block are guys that are FA's at the end of this year or are blocking top prospects from moving up from the minors, like Winker and Senzel.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback - Yojimbo - 06-20-2017, 11:53 AM