Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flying United? You may want to give up your seat...
(04-10-2017, 05:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I am just curious why he was asked/forced leave to due an overbooking mistake?  Or anyone for that matter. I dont fly often, so have no clue. I am assuming first come (sit down), first serve doesnt apply, so is it whoever bought the ticket first? Or other reasons?

(04-10-2017, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't know if there is more to the story... like he was being disruptive  but it sounds like he had a ticket he paid for and was already seated.  How does he have to leave so someone else can take his spot?

If he still had a standby ticket they shouldn't have let him on the plane yet.

(04-10-2017, 06:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: They had crew people who were supposed to be in the next city for a flight the following day, they were the ones on stand by. It is interesting airlines can over sell time sensitive events and hope people don't show up but if I was putting on a concert it would be illegal.

It gets crazy sometimes with them offering several hundred dollars to anyone who will give up their flight. In this case it was because they had workers they needed to transport (which seems like an in-house scheduling screw up). In other cases, I don't know. It can't be legal to sell 401 tickets for 400 seats and hope somebody doesn't show up. And it seems like bad business as the last several flights I've been on they've been offering money for anyone who would take a later flight.

Unless I'm going on a cruise (because then the airline is supposed to be responsible for getting you on your ship if they make you late), I just drive. It's not worth sitting for 2-3 hours in the airport, going through 2-3 hours of airport security and a 2-3 hour flight time, when I can enjoy the comfort of my car, get there in less time (usually) and buy whatever snacks I want.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flying United? You may want to give up your seat... - Benton - 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM