Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
(04-13-2017, 11:34 AM)xxlt Wrote: The Stones were shameless thieves, but at least they never lied about it. And by stealing from and mimicking great American Blues artists they put out music that was usually at least good and sometimes even flirted with great.

The Beatles were just hacks during the early years. Then, once they had more money than they could ever spend they actually learned how to play and it wasn't long after that the wheels fell off (go ahead and blame Yoko, I blame a young Obama in Kenya Ninja ). Funny thing - the most beloved Beatle, Paul, never got much better. Lennon at least tried some new things and wrote some good music and tried to grow as a human being, and Harrison really learned how to play and churned out some great music after the band broke up. Hell, even Ringo created better stuff post Beatles than McCartney or Lennon, so it is funny that they are so revered. Best Beatle Harrison, then Starr, then Lennon, then McCartney. Yet in the eyes of their adoring public they often would be ranked in the opposite order.
He really learned how to play after being in the Beatles?

You should take that comedy act on the road.

I'm no huge Beatles fan but I'm pretty sure he was a great player while in the band as well.

Not some hack.

I do have to agree that he is the most underrated among the group. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band I don't like that other people do - BengalsRocker - 04-13-2017, 07:12 PM