Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
(04-14-2017, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: For one thing, Elvis was not really even a musician.   And he took that music to a place Carl Perkins would never go.  Elvis was a way better singer and a way better showman.  Elvis is on Mt. Rushmore.  Perkins is much farther down the hill. 

Elvis was weird and got weirder as he got older and there was nobody who could say to him, leading to him dying on the throne at 44, but there is no diminishing his place in the pantheon.

Yeah but those delicious Fool's Gold Loaf sandwiches sure helped him get there quicker too!  8,000 calories a sando.

Fool's Gold Loaf is a sandwich made by the Colorado Mine Company, a restaurant in Denver, Colorado. The sandwich consists of a single warmed, hollowed-out loaf of bread filled with the contents of one jar of creamy peanut butter and one jar of grape jelly, and a pound of bacon. The sandwich's connection to Elvis Presley is the source of its legend and prolonged interest. According to The Life and Cuisine of Elvis Presley, it was the focus of a midnight sandwich run by Elvis Presley and his friends. Taking his private jet from Graceland, Presley and his friends purchased 30 of the sandwiches and spent two hours eating them and drinking Perrier and champagne before flying home. The story became legend and the sandwich became the subject of continued media interest and part of numerous cookbooks, typically focused around Presley's love of food.

[Image: th?id=OIP.E7iAvsHbxZl4m6nHvl5r0wEsDh&pid...=214&h=161][Image: th?id=OIP.I62vBNEluQPqYpUaE5daYQEsDH&pid...=273&h=183]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band I don't like that other people do - BengalsRocker - 04-14-2017, 08:55 PM