Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
(04-14-2017, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: For one thing, Elvis was not really even a musician.   And he took that music to a place Carl Perkins would never go.  Elvis was a way better singer and a way better showman.  Elvis is on Mt. Rushmore.  Perkins is much farther down the hill. 

Elvis was weird and got weirder as he got older and there was nobody who could say to him, leading to him dying on the throne at 44, but there is no diminishing his place in the pantheon.

Meh.....he was a pretty boy....and chicks dug his gyrating hips. LOL 

Look at it like this.....my parents grew up in this era.  My mom had Beatles and Elvis shit.....my pop brought me up on Chuck Berry (the REAL king of rock n roll )...Perkins....Jerry Lee Lewis....Little Richard....Fats Domino....Creedence....and others.  These days....I turn him onto the shit he missed.

I understand what you're saying....and agree....but for me....Elvis and The Beatles are akin to modern pop country....all fluff and record sales because of their moves and looks. Not a lot of substance.....and yes....I own some Elvis albums and even some memorabilia....cause.....he was a pimp.....lol.  Musically though....outside of Heartbreak Hotel....That's Alright Mama.....Suspicious Minds (Jennings/Coulter and Yoakum had superior versions IMO ).....and Jailhouse Rock....he just never did much for me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band I don't like that other people do - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-14-2017, 11:21 PM