Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North
(04-25-2017, 10:33 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: While I'm not saying the Bengals don't need more staff I'd rather see a smaller staff that worked well together rather than 32 people who don't. My point being I think if you add someone to the staff they have to mesh well with the rest of the staff and contribute to the drafting process without hindering what we already have in place.

32 people is a lot of people and a lot of voices that need to be heard. If they aren't on the same page then this could be part of the issue with the Browns. I was just reading the other day about how Pettine (whatever their last HC's name was.) had not interest in Justin Gilbert and with no pre-draft interview Ray Farmer made the pick.

On larger staffs...everyone has a role. It's not like they all sit in a room.

You have scouts covering regions for D2 Football. You can have 4 scouts just to do thos.

That stuff happens in any war room. I remember reading that Mike Brown and some people wanted Ryan Mallet. Others wanted Andy Dalton.

With a small staff like the Bengals have...there is no way they are thoroughly scouting D2 and smaller division football as well as sending people to many college games.

Part of the thing with the Bengals recent good drafting grades...is it's like they draft right off of Kipers Board.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North - THE PISTONS - 04-25-2017, 10:39 AM