Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North
(09-20-2017, 06:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I won't argue that all of us are starved for postseason success, Dalton has certainly been a successful NFL QB. He's set or is close to setting all of the team's all-time passing records. He's already set plenty of single season team records.

That's not saying he doesn't need to perform better, it's simply that he's been undervalued and underappreciated by Bengals fans. He always gets blamed for not performing better with some of the best weapons in the NFL, but outside of AJ Green I have no idea who these top tier talented players are. When he has had protection, Dalton has played well and elevated the play of his weapons (besides Green) though no one gives him credit for it. Now that his protection is questionable, his play has dropped and it has dropped the play of those around him.

I believe a new OC is going to help some, but the team has to improve the OLine or they need to suddenly learn how to block at the NFL level.

Dude...setting team records are meaningless anymore. The NFL changed rules some 15 years ago to make it a more passing friendly league. Dalton's stats are also better than Troy Aikmans...

Yet Dalton is somewhere around the 12-16th best QB when he's having a good year.

It's all relative.

The shortest path to winning in the playoffs is a Top 5-10 QB. Dalton is not that at his best.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North - THE PISTONS - 09-20-2017, 08:34 PM