Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North
(09-21-2017, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had the same line last year as we did the year before on the 12-4 team. Our line was not terrible last year.

The point with Dalton is you have to surround him with great WR's and a good line and he's just an above average QB.

Do you want to make the argument that Dalton is a Top 7-8 QB in the league? Where would you rank him?

Look...I'm not bashing him. We could do worse...but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and assume he is one of the best QB's in the league.

Pistons you're my dude, but you can't say you looked at the 2016 line as "the same" line as 2015.

Dalton got sacked once every 19.3 attempts in 2015 (good)
He was sacked once every 13.7 attempts in 2016 (bad)

That's not even getting into all the pressures or how Ogbuehi was one of the worst linemen in the league according to PFF.

I don't think Philhos is saying Andy is one of the best in the league, just that he hasn't been terrible with a bad line. At least not up to now. That's not even mentioning 2012, when he was sacked 46 times (career high) and was the 13th rated QB with 27 touchdowns. Not to mention a pretty weak core of "weapons" outside of AJ Green. Gresham was an average TE. The #2 WR was a combo of Armon Binns and a couple of raw rookies. The run game was terrible. Literally all we had going for us on offense in 2012 was Dalton and Green.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North - Shake n Blake - 09-21-2017, 11:29 PM