Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady/Pats deflate gate punishment
(05-12-2015, 09:06 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm certainly going to be in the minority here, but I'll throw it out there.

I think that the suspension is silly. I also think that this idea that the Patriots got some sort of significant advantage from the under-inflated balls is silly. They steamrolled the Colts in the second half of that game. Brady played very well in the Super Bowl with the proper inflation. There is little to no reason to believe that slightly under-inflated balls played a significant role in the Patriots' success.

I do agree with the idea that the lack of transparency is what got the Patriots penalized like they were. Taking away draft picks is probably the way to go. Heck, I would've thought it was fine to take away a first next year and a second the year after. Heck, take a third after than and progressively down to a seventh in the years following. Give Brady the max fine, along with the Patriots organization as a repeat offender.

But taking Brady off the field not only deprives the game of (arguably) the best player of an era, it gives an overwhelming competitive advantage to the first four teams the Patriots are slated to play this year. While the Patriots will feel the loss short-term, losing draft picks is a much more severe punishment.

Now the season starts with a game between one team without one of the best young running backs and (again, arguably) the best player of his generation. And that stinks for football fans.

I think the appeal is won, and the suspension is reduced to the max fine or one game.

Seems like you really have a thing for mr.brady . A suspension silly ? Mind you this is a team that consistently gets caught for cheating in one way or another. The fact that he went to Salem, ma and laughed it off irked me. If you didn't cheat then say it...in no way would I ever request the balls be deflated. He ruined the integrity of a game and i disagree about his performance in the Super Bowl...2 picks isn't that impressive to me. He did the crime and now he will pay with time. I promise you he won't win the appeal because he would have to produce his phone and emails in order to back his case which he already refused to do so good luck with that.

(05-12-2015, 11:31 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm not cool with Roger Goodell bypassing the rule books to make an example out of Brady and the Patriots.  The rule book says that tampering with game equipment to cause a competitive advantage is subject to a $25,000 fine per instance.  That may be too light, but it is the rule.  Roger Goodell thinks he's bigger than the game.

Mmm....it's Troy Vincent not roger Goodell. And it is on the basis on two things...1. Failure to cooperate with the investigation 2. Patriots prior incidences of rule breaking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/here-s-what-the-nfl-told-the-patriots-and-tom-brady-in-its-letters-221835032.html;_ylt=A0LEVwr_H1JV4nMAy6_BGOd_
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brady/Pats deflate gate punishment - BleedNBlackNOrange - 05-12-2015, 12:41 PM