Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
(04-28-2017, 02:29 PM)Burma Wrote: Ok. That I can deal with. It appeared to me that you were saying that because he would be drafted as a olb that he couldn't be a Mike in the nickle subpackage.  If your issue is that you don't feel he has the required skillset to meet the requirements, then I was misreading this the whole time and was baffled about the pedantic approach to a title. 

No, I am saying when you watch the guy he occasionally would drop from the line of scrimmage into a hook zone then stand there. He wasn't reading the play has it happened he just stood and waited for a ball to be thrown. Title is associated with responsibilities and required skills. Saying someone is the "Mike" on a play is like saying your job on this play is to read the most inner receiver and follow him threw the hook zone then pass him off, unless he pushes verticals in which case you follow him up the seam.

Each of those titles have certain responsibilities and assignments based on the play and coverage and I don't think Reddick can meet the requirements to do that specific job of "Mike".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken? - Au165 - 04-28-2017, 02:36 PM