Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
I like the pick personally. It isn't what I expected, and I don't think it's the best pick we could've made by any means. But draft hype doesn't always live up, all these guys are just projects as of right now so all we can do is look at the Bengals pick and treat it in a vacuum.

I think it's a slight reach, but it provides us with an WR that can play. Green, Boyd, Eifert, LaFell, Ross.... cmon, that has the potential to be an absolutely stacked passing attack. On paper, Green getting doubled, Eifert and Ross should absolutely kill it in the short game.

Drafting a guy with injury concerns is a worry. You can only be great when you actually play, which is a huge problem we have with Eifert. If Ross is another Eifert then I still like the pick as Eifert has been very productive whenever we get him on the field, but it would just mean another player we can't depend on to last the year. We've had a couple seasons recently where we look good on paper, injuries happen and we're fielding a much weakened team come end of season.

Long story short, this has the potential to be an absolute home run pick, but it depends on Ross making a significant impact within our offence and staying healthy. I think as well, those who hate the pick may be placated by today. Obviously depends who we get, but if we end up doing a good job the rest of the draft then I dont think people will hate the Ross pick at all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken? - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-28-2017, 03:03 PM