Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we consider a kicker on day 3?
(04-29-2017, 09:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Obviously we all saw it on some draft pages about him.  

His kickoffs also lack power and distance, which could be a problem.  

Zane Gonzalez, who is supposed to be the best thing to happen to kicking since the kicking tee, was sitting there for us to take and we blew it.

He converted 63.7% of his kickoffs to touchbacks and never gave up a KR TD in his entire career.

The "kickoffs also lack power and distance" thing is an exaggeration AT BEST. It's closer to a complete fabrication.

As for the 45 yard max distance thing, He is 10 for 16 in his career from beyond 50 yards, but if you disregard his sophomore year, which was a slump year in all regards, he was 7 for 8 from 50 + with a max of 56. 

I can't say what happened in his sophomore year to make him behave so differently from the other 3 years of his career, but since that was in 2014 and he has been more than accurate since, I don't think that should be taken into consideration.

I actually wanted Gonzalez more as well, but I have faith in our special teams coach and if he wanted Elliot more than Gonzalez, I believe he has way more information than I do.

If you want to feel better, I'd recommend watching the tape from his pro day. He's nailing 65 yard field goals and it looked effortless. He'll have no problem with distance in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMb3ulpVlss
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do we consider a kicker on day 3? - TSwigZ - 04-29-2017, 02:29 AM
RE: Do we consider a kicker on day 3? - CJD - 04-29-2017, 10:06 PM