Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I know the most standard lineup recently is QB- 2RB-2WR-2 Flex. Tight Ends are getting flexed out of money leagues because only 3 TEs in the NFL average WR volume.

Where are you seeing these "standard" lineups?  Every single ESPN mock I've seen they're still drafting Tight Ends accordingly.  And I'm in two money leagues and this certainly hasn't been discussed.

You all act like this is a new thing, that there are a couple elite Tight Ends above the rest of the group.  It's like you don't remember Gonzales and Gates, or Gronk and Graham.  It's always been this way.

If you look at TE's 3-12 last year, they all finished between 600-715 yards with 4-7 TD's.  It's extemely balanced for starters that aren't the cream of the crop.

Reducing them to a Flex play completely changes the entire draft.  It used to be you had to decide if you want to take Mark Andrews in the 4th or someone like Hockinson in the 5th.  Well, that's going to be completely gone.  And it's not like there wasn't a big stategy to getting one of the studs.  You want someone like Kelce you had to sacrifice a 1st or 2nd round pick, and you'd have a worse RB or WR as a result.  It was never an unfair advantage; it was a balancing act.

Like I said earlier, I would have stuck with whatever what was voted on.  But I don't need to hear people trying to explain to me that this is what I wanted.  It's entirely different, and I said as much earlier.  The commisioner and his one buddy are the only ones who were in favor and now they're pretending like I'm an idiot for pointing any of the above out.  If you want this system, fine.  But don't pretend like it's the same as making a 2nd RB a Flex.  They're elimating an entire position requirement.  It's a MASSIVE change.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-01-2021, 08:25 PM