Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I know the most standard lineup recently is QB- 2RB-2WR-2 Flex. Tight Ends are getting flexed out of money leagues because only 3 TEs in the NFL average WR volume.

Here's a recent article on flexing the TE:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/commissioners-guide-can-we-fix-fantasy-footballs-te-problem/

Quote:What Should We Do for 2021?

While still an unpopular idea, eliminating the required TE position from fantasy football is a reasonable way to fix this problem. The argument will be made that this drastic disparity forces owners to make a draft-day decision; pay up for the elite talent or suffer through a season of dud games. If you do not have one of the elite-3 (Kelce, Kittle, Waller), you can assume that you are going to score less than 10 PPR points at the TE position in half of your games. The good news is that, in most weeks, you will be playing another manager with the same odds of a dud game at the TE position.

Now, eliminating the required TE position is not the same as leagues eliminating Kickers. Instead of requiring a TE, simply make that roster spot another flex position. In most league hosting platforms, you can also make a WR/TE only Flex.

In 2020, Travis Kelce scored like a top-5 WR, while Darren Waller performed at the level of a top-10 WR. But here’s the gap: TE3-TE6 were all grouped together, equivalent to WRs 42-46. While Travis Kelce was performing like Stefon Diggs and DeAndre Hopkins, the seasons TE3 (Logan Thomas) was performing like Michael Gallup or T.Y. Hilton.

I have 0 idea why Toast responded so negatively to the "suggestion". No scoring format has been decided upon and will be clearly decided before any draft is conducted. 

Hell I've seen more and more going to 2 QBs. IDK if anyone have Sirius Radio but channel 87 is a good listen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-02-2021, 05:54 PM