Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-18-2021, 09:05 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good lord, looks like we have about a week until it goes down.  I'm getting into this 12th pick pretty fast boys.  Better start:
[Image: giphy.gif]

In doing some Yahoo Mocks last night. Since we have no TE, I took TE last in the Yahoo Mock forcing at least one TE pick. At dead last, the TE was pretty bad. I did get a feel for WR's and RBs and QBs.  Also Defense and Kicker.  Mostly WR and who I like, not just who Yahoo likes.  Now the real problem is getting a good Back-Up Running Back and getting some top WRs.  Those who take just Running Back first rounds will not get a top WR.  Those who get 3 or 4 good WR's will not get a solid back-up RB probably.  Plus you need a QB.  

Important is the switch that goes from All Players to look at just QBs, or just WRs, or just RBs....because as you draft, you know what you have not drafted yet and need.  The Yahoo thing may be showing the Top Picks in a Round as positions you have filled.  Using that switch to go from ALL PLAYERS to QB, WR, RB, TE, Defense, Kicker and focus on a Needs Pick makes it so much easier. 

Now I think our draft has more rounds than a normal Yahoo Mock Draft. I could be wrong.  

I am going to have to read up on running backs.  Who are the 32 teams going to give a chance to.  There should be 32 starting running backs, but Who ?  There has to be somebody who is going to get great playing time that is flying under the radar.  I need to find out the planned Starter for all 32 teams.  That should give me a name for a good back-up RB Pick that I can grab after setting up some passing attack.  But that is what I do not know, who are the 32 starting RBs in the NFL.  I better be finding out before our draft.  If my #1 RB gets injured, I will indeed need a back-up.  Maybe 3 deep at RB to be safe.  I need to make a list of the 32 RB's that go in as Starters.  That list would come in very handy.  I'm sure Benson flew under the radar when Bengals decided to try him as the Starter. There has to be teams that have RB's flying under the radar. There has to be more than 10 or 12 top RB's, because there are 32 teams. MAYBE who starts in Preseason Game 2 for all teams will tell. I'm thinking Preseason Game 2 is now the old Preseason Game 3, and Preseason Game 3 may be not playing starters like the old preseason game 4. Who these teams start at RB THIS WEEK may tell the story on how to draft. There will indeed be 32 Starting RB's this week, and That is The List of Names that I need going into our draft. If a team gives a RB a chance to start, he could just be a surprise like Paul Robinson or Leroy Kelly when given a chance, or Icky Woods. Some of these 32 will make a name for themselves that nobody is expecting.

That does it. I know my next step. I must know glue myself to running backs on all teams this preseason week 2. WR's to me is no problem, but these RB's, I do not have a good list of them. That will be my Focus this preseason week 2. The starting RB's on all 32 teams. That is where I am lacking on draft info.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-18-2021, 12:28 PM