Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-19-2021, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sermon will beat out Mostert; maybe not to start the season but very soon afterward

There's a very good chance neither Fournette or RoJo will be the feature back in TB

Cam Akers is out for the year

Right, AKERS is out for the year.   So that means someone else will be starting for Rams.   I think they may even add one of the good free agents still unsigned, or add somebody.  I'm not sure why Gurley or Bell are free agents. The Rams will have to come up with somebody with Akers out. 

Also a few on the list are in question of being starters.  The Jets for example.  Also Denver. Also Texans. Also Jaguars. 

For the most part, whoever put the list on internet has most teams right.  They do list Steelers Harris too low, he will go fast in the draft, because Steelers like to run the ball. 

It is not an exact list. Most will be starters, but some teams are very much in question. Akers is Out.  

From the list I did make changes to 2 teams I have already drafted.  I dropped a not so good back-up RB and added Phillip Lindsay moving up with Texans.  

The add on at end of list are possible starters. Etiewne drafted by Jaguars and Williams drafted by Broncos for a reason.  It could be Carter over Coleman with Jets.  The more you get into the last part of the list, the bottom feeders could be replaced. 

For the most part, it's not a bad list that was on internet.  Still, preseason will show who teams are really starting. Interesting to see who Rams start.  The first 17 teams are pretty set.  Whoever does start for teams like Bucs, Bills, Patriots, Texans are on good teams that give them a good opportunity.  My concern for Mixon is still our O Line.  So a running back put behind a Super Bowl type O Line could be a beast. If Fournette does play like his early years, he is on a good team to do it.  Either Singletary or Moss, Bills would be a good team to start for.  The O Line helps make the RB.  If Mixon had a good O line, he would be awesome. Some no name is going to start behind a top O Line and suddenly look great.  Whoever replaces Akers with Rams is in a chance to do well. 

One good thing. The Draft List on Fantasy Site are more up to date, and say who is injured such as Akers.  For the most part, the Fantasy List is The Best.  Still, I would rather have somebody who is starting somewhere than draft a guy stuck backing up Chubb or somebody. I don't want my back-ups to actually be back-ups. I want Starters Only on my team, even on my bench. 

So Running Back gets tricky. After the Top ones get drafted, Who Is Left in Mid to Late Rounds ?  Finding the diamond in the rough is the trick. Me, I want a Starter over a good Bench Warmer. The Top Running Backs are easy and will go fast.  Finding out who starts for the 12 other teams would be huge in mid to late rounds.  

Preseason should tell the story more on about half the teams in NFL.  Somebody has to start for them and some of these teams have good O Lines such as Bucs and Bills. Whoever fills Akers spot at Rams is on a good offense. 

WR is pretty easy, but finding good mid to late round RB help is hard in Fantasy Drafts.  I don't see why settling for NFL teams back-ups when you could have one of the 32 starters on your bench, But WHO are all the 32 Starters.  Preseason will probably answer that. 

Often, after first 2 weeks of regular season, players come out big that Nobody drafted, but everybody jumps on the waiver list hoping some of these New Stars go to them. It's what makes The Draft FUN and then the Free Agent Pool after start of season FUN. Players bust out big that nobody drafted. When you have the Super Bowl winner trying to decide on a RB, we know there are at least a dozen teams for a RB to break out and put up numbers nobody was expecting.

Mid to late round RB's and early season Free Agent RB stars. However it has been my experience, that after first weeks of the season, it is very hard to find good Free Agent RB's if you have many injuries at RB. That RB pool dries up after first few weeks of season, and not much help is out there to grab. I have been an injured RB team, and had to play out season looking for free agent pool help, and it just wasn't out there. Very hard to find a good RB after first couple weeks of regular season. It's the same in Fantasy NBA, you can always find Guards, but those good Forwards are taken.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-20-2021, 09:47 AM